"a single unicursal path that leads from the outside world to the spiritual centre and then returns to the outside world by the same path".
As well as this key quality I found these further points that sum up what a labyrinth is:
- represents our journey in life
- a symbol of wholeness
- can be used as a tool for self-discovery
- can be used for healing
- can be used for accessing your inner wisdom
- help to rebalance your energy, clear blocks and quieten your mind
- help you to fulfill your life's purpose and achieve a state of oneness
I then realised that my Tree of Life Spiritual Walk is also a labyrinth. It satisfies all of these criteria and has a single path inward and then outward that represents your journey in life and also the Soul's journey. The image below shows an early morning scene of the Tree of Life Spiritual Walk.